Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Fiction Records Website

I dont usaully sign up for for many website mailing lists, (as I get enough junk though as it is), but after looking on Elbows website the other day I found a link to 'Fiction Records' and my opinion slightly changed!

Here is an image of the website:

http://www.fictionrecords.co.uk

I really like the look of the site. I think the compostion works well, due the the way the illustrations at each side of the page seem to balance each other out. The black bars at each side also help to create a sense of balance, especially due ot the amount of white that is on the page.

I think that the images on the home page of the site are what caught my eye intially, as I think that the are extremely interesting. One thing that I think is exciting about this page is that although it has similar content and structure to other wensites the illustrations give the page life and its unconventional look is what makes the page come alive.

Looking at some of the images in a little more detail, they remind me of some of the work by Giacometti.

Close up's of some of the images within the background:





Giacommetti had a very clear style of working. His work ranged from paper based illustrations, to pieces of sculpture. Human form appeared in many of his pieces of work and this is reflected in the images below.

Here are some images of work by Giacometti:


http://www.tate.org.uk/


http://www.tate.org.uk/


http://www.tate.org.uk/

In the design of Fiction Records website I can see a close resemelance to the work of Giacometti and I think whether intentional or not somewhere within the design process he could have been a source of reference for the designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment