I found this animation on 'Passion Pictures' website. This animation was created by Russell Brooke for the car company 'Audi'.
http://www.passion-pictures.com
My first impression of this advert was that it had a strong idea. Sometimes you can't beat a good idea, as without a solid idea to start with how can you intend on creating a successfull piece, unless you come across it purely by accident!
I think the use of the character brings life to the piece. By using an animate asspect, (the human figure), with the inanimate object, (the car), it brings a sense of life to the car. Overall I think that the idea of turning something, (in the case of this advert the cardboard box), into the final car is an aewsome idea, which we see used by many car companies nowadays.
I can only assume that the reason why many of the major car companies use a similar sort of idea behind the advert, is because it works so well. The intersting thing is the way that they all seem to adopt different concepts on the basic idea. This is obviously suggesting the competetvie nature of business and how in order to succeed companies need to stay right on trend.
After seeing this advert it got me thinking about different car companies using the idea of turning 'something' into the final product, (the car). I came up with the following:
Im glad I stumbled accross the work of Russell Brooke. At the moment it may seem like Im slightly obsessed with his work and honestly I probably am! The thing that I really find interesting about his work is the way that he seems to take different approaches and techniques to brief's. He does this mainly through the use of characters. He is able to create fantastic characters, however he cleverly integrates them into the advert as a way of supporting the brand and not detracting from the intended message.
http://www.passion-pictures.com
My first impression of this advert was that it had a strong idea. Sometimes you can't beat a good idea, as without a solid idea to start with how can you intend on creating a successfull piece, unless you come across it purely by accident!
I think the use of the character brings life to the piece. By using an animate asspect, (the human figure), with the inanimate object, (the car), it brings a sense of life to the car. Overall I think that the idea of turning something, (in the case of this advert the cardboard box), into the final car is an aewsome idea, which we see used by many car companies nowadays.
I can only assume that the reason why many of the major car companies use a similar sort of idea behind the advert, is because it works so well. The intersting thing is the way that they all seem to adopt different concepts on the basic idea. This is obviously suggesting the competetvie nature of business and how in order to succeed companies need to stay right on trend.
After seeing this advert it got me thinking about different car companies using the idea of turning 'something' into the final product, (the car). I came up with the following:
- Honda cog, which uses the cars parts as a chain reaction in order to reveal the car at the end of the advert. A slightly different take on making the car from something, but priciply uses similar ideas.
Im glad I stumbled accross the work of Russell Brooke. At the moment it may seem like Im slightly obsessed with his work and honestly I probably am! The thing that I really find interesting about his work is the way that he seems to take different approaches and techniques to brief's. He does this mainly through the use of characters. He is able to create fantastic characters, however he cleverly integrates them into the advert as a way of supporting the brand and not detracting from the intended message.
No comments:
Post a Comment