Friday, 26 June 2009

Posh Bingo

The two TV adverts shown below were run recently on TV for posh bingo. Although I had seen the one based at a 'SPA' it wasn't until I saw the advert based around "GOLF' that I realised how succesfull the campaign seemed.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vvf7460IZ0


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nNSdqFhJY4

Although I had seen the 'SPA' advert a few times, it wasn't until last week when I saw a section of the 'GOLF' themed advert. Without paying to much attention to what the advert was about, in my head I was able to make the connection between the 'talking character' and 'Posh Bingo'.

I think that this is a clever advertising ploy by the agency. I think that the advertising agency can rely on the audience being able to draw a connection between the setup of the 'talking character' and 'Posh Bingo', In a similar way to the connection I drew. I think that this obviously depends on whether the audience have seen the similar adverts before, which is likely as the adverts are part of a series of four which have been run throughout the last few weeks/months.

On the 'Posh Bingo' website viewers are given an option to watch the adverts again. The adverts are described as: "The Posh Ads are going down a treat! If you can't wait to see talking teacakes & sandwiches, gossiping golfbags, or jibber-jabbering designer handbags & dressing gowns, just click play on the Ads below! http://www.poshbingo.co.uk/skin/poshtv.php, 26/6/09. This suggests clear interest in the adverts and by giving people an option to watch the videos again only strengthens the connection that people make between the scenarios and the brand. Having characters established in the adverts allows for humor and a sense of intrigue and having the comical characters is a fun way of attracting attention for the brand.

Below are a couple of images from the other two adverts in the series, one showing a scene set in a shop with 'handbags' as the featured character and the other being scones in a cafe:




No comments:

Post a Comment