Before we broke up for Summer when we were given the brief to create our blogs, we talked about the idea of using the blog as a basis to research many different areas. However, with the intention of trying to find a particaulr area with our field that we may like to direct our work towards.
I've been having a little think over the last few weeks, (but mainly over the last couple of days), about what sort of area within design I see myself going into and it's been interesting to consider.
I've had the chance to do a little bit of 3D work over the Summer and I've really enjoyed doing it, however after looking at lots of different types of animation I really like the look of some of the 2D work that i've seen, (well 2.5d) work. This type of work really appeals to me and I find it extremely interesting. The things that I like about this type of work is the way that a sense of 3D can be created; however it's all trickery!
I decided to have a look back through the 'Samples from Industry' file that we have at Uni and I think that these two pieces below sums up a lot of reasons why I like this type of work:
Left Channel
Deva Studios
As I enjoy 3D I can see myself integrating it with a composite piece using 2D elements, but as I enjoy very organic hand crafted type pieces I think that this can be achieved more successfully in some of the 2D work I've seen.
Over the past year myself, Ste and Rory have had mmany conversations about what we think we will eventually want to do.Whether I end up doing that is another matter, but time will tell. Maybe my opinion will change, after all first year has only just finished.
I've never been a fan of keeping a diary, but I suppose in a sense by collecting research within our blogs in a way we are keeping a diary; a design diary! Hopefully that should allow me to start making some decisions and possibly focus my research one way or another.
I've been having a little think over the last few weeks, (but mainly over the last couple of days), about what sort of area within design I see myself going into and it's been interesting to consider.
I've had the chance to do a little bit of 3D work over the Summer and I've really enjoyed doing it, however after looking at lots of different types of animation I really like the look of some of the 2D work that i've seen, (well 2.5d) work. This type of work really appeals to me and I find it extremely interesting. The things that I like about this type of work is the way that a sense of 3D can be created; however it's all trickery!
I decided to have a look back through the 'Samples from Industry' file that we have at Uni and I think that these two pieces below sums up a lot of reasons why I like this type of work:
Left Channel
Deva Studios
As I enjoy 3D I can see myself integrating it with a composite piece using 2D elements, but as I enjoy very organic hand crafted type pieces I think that this can be achieved more successfully in some of the 2D work I've seen.
Over the past year myself, Ste and Rory have had mmany conversations about what we think we will eventually want to do.Whether I end up doing that is another matter, but time will tell. Maybe my opinion will change, after all first year has only just finished.
I've never been a fan of keeping a diary, but I suppose in a sense by collecting research within our blogs in a way we are keeping a diary; a design diary! Hopefully that should allow me to start making some decisions and possibly focus my research one way or another.
No comments:
Post a Comment