After recieving the recent newsletter from 'Noise' I thought I'd take a look at some of this years graduates work.
This piece was a colaborative piece by Harry Shotton, (illustrator/animator graduating this year from MMU), that he created with Gavin Sodo in the final year of his degree. You can see the full piece at the link posted below.
http://www.noisefestival.com
I like the whole piece, however the reason why I decided to inculde this section is because I wanted to show the titles of the piece. I think that they create the right mood for what is next to come. What I mean by that, is the way that there are breaks in the auido where there are moments of silence and the screen is black. These both definately create a sense of intruige and suspense.
The entire piece has an interesting subject matter, (im not quite sure exactly what that is), but I dont think that we completely need to understand that to appreciate that visaually it is a very nice animation.
The fact that the animation has been reduced to sepia tones allows for the audience to concentrate on the asspects within it, without being distracted by colours. The sepia tones also work well with the industrial feel of the piece.
The sound track that is used create a sense of a very industrial feeling environment, which with the suggestion of the mechanical parts within the animated heads definately works. Overalll I found this piece very interesting.
This piece was a colaborative piece by Harry Shotton, (illustrator/animator graduating this year from MMU), that he created with Gavin Sodo in the final year of his degree. You can see the full piece at the link posted below.
http://www.noisefestival.com
I like the whole piece, however the reason why I decided to inculde this section is because I wanted to show the titles of the piece. I think that they create the right mood for what is next to come. What I mean by that, is the way that there are breaks in the auido where there are moments of silence and the screen is black. These both definately create a sense of intruige and suspense.
The entire piece has an interesting subject matter, (im not quite sure exactly what that is), but I dont think that we completely need to understand that to appreciate that visaually it is a very nice animation.
The fact that the animation has been reduced to sepia tones allows for the audience to concentrate on the asspects within it, without being distracted by colours. The sepia tones also work well with the industrial feel of the piece.
The sound track that is used create a sense of a very industrial feeling environment, which with the suggestion of the mechanical parts within the animated heads definately works. Overalll I found this piece very interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment