Thursday, 20 August 2009

This ones for you Ste!!

I found the video below on Liquid TV. These titles were made for the return of F1 season on BBC. Im extremly interested in title sequences, especially when they integrate elements of 2D and 3D. I watched the beggining of the season with Ste at his flat, with a few beers when I saw these titles for the first time. I can remember thinking that they were a great new set of titles, which realvitalised the essence of the sport itself. With the iconic music and captivating visuals we are taken on a journey. It allows the viewer to feel engaged with the title sequence and feel like they are personally witnessing a journey.

I found this video on Liquids Website,where it as being the following: "As the most expensive show on earth returns to the BBC, we were charged with creating a brand which could out manoeuvre it's previuos on air years and inject a new zeel, whilst remaining instantly recognisable. Working on the principle of 'fusion', the brand takes the viewer from out of the stands and puts him smack in the middle of the action where cars, teams and locations fuse and de-fuse in a high octane, breakneck battle for supremecy and the checkered flag".http://www.liquid.co.uk/


http://www.liquid.co.uk/

After reading the description of the brief, it is clear to see that Liquid wanted to create a sequence which brought a new energy to the sport, whilst ensuring that the people who would be watching were able to instantly recognise the F1 Brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment