"If you caught Basement Jaxx recent headline show at London’s Wireless festival in Hyde Park you’ll have spotted some curious visuals that accompanied the band while they played their latest single ‘Raindrops’. The animation features the new artwork we’ve created for the band’s forthcoming album, Scars", http://www.bigactive.com/blog/
http://www.bigactive.com/blog/
I like this animation, especially the use of colour and I think that the style created in the animation reflects the way that I believe the music of the band to be portrayed; very upbeat, lively and vibrant.
This animation works well with the music. The syncronisation between the audio and visual is spot on. It reminds me not only of some of Tal Rosners work, but what I remember him saying about his pieces in his lecture last year. The way that inrigue and tension and different emotions can be visualised. The stacato like representation is very remenicant of the way that Tal Rosner uses line and imagery to visualy represent the changes in the audio.
Stills taken from one of Tal Rosner's animations, Doppelganger:

http://www.talrosner.com/doppelganger
No comments:
Post a Comment