Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Kate Gibb

The two images below are screenprints by Kate Gibb, that I found on the Big Actives Blog. As compositions I think that they work well, especially the first image, (my favoutrite of the two). I think that the first image is a very eye catching and striking image. I think that this is down to the use of the variations of the vibrant blue colour that has been used.



http://www.bigactive.com/

The light blue colour that has been chosen as the background colour works well with the rest of the piece. This gives the impression that the dark blue head is lifted from the page, which allows for impact. There is also a figure of a woman within the head shape. The detail within this section works well and I think that it could be classed as texture within the piece.

I love the process of screen printing, as it allows for great effects to be created. The amount of detail and texture that is created is what makes the process such a effective one. A outcome which may not have been able to be achieved otherwise. I had a go at screen printing the year before last when on my foundation course and from what I remember out of all the printing processes it gave a very professional outcome, definately something achieved in the two pieces shown above.

During one of the previous briefs last term I wanted to use some printing within my work to create interesting backgrounds, however I didnt get around to doing so. It is something that I would really like to have a play with with in future briefs, if appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment