The visit to Sechut was one of the many highlights from our recent trip to Berlin. One of the pieces that I thought was one of their pieces for Google, shown below:
GOOGLE STREET VIEW from Sehsucht™ on Vimeo.
One of the main things that I took from this piece is the way that they use the process of compositing, a process which I love and one that I am currently researching within the field of moving image. Not only did the show us the piece, but they showed us their making of video for the piece, shown below.
GOOGLE - Breakdown from Sehsucht™ on Vimeo.
This idea is something that is very current for us as, with all of the projects that we create this year we are required to create a 'Making of Video'. Before this was a requirement I was interested in it but hadn't really understood completely the importance of this. I had a go at creating one of these for the previous project and although I feel that there were aspects of it that worked it didn't necessarily work as an entire piece. So for this project I have decided to ensure that I create a video that tries to reflect on the process that I went through.
One thing that I think that really works within the piece by Sehsucht is the way that they showed a break down particular shots, something which I have done in my most recent making of video. Seeing the breakdown of a commercial piece of work in the same format that we have started to do ourselves has only highlighted how important they can be.
The working environment of the studio was great and they were very friendly in the way that they dealt with us and they took a lot of time to show us work, but then gave us loads of time to allow us to speak to the designers. It was a really helpful experience and that is definitely the type of studio that i would like to see myself working within.
No comments:
Post a Comment