I've wanted to watch this film ever since it came out at the cinemas, but never got the chance to see it, so when my Dad brought the DVD home the other day there wasn't a chance that I wasn't going to watch it asap. One of the main reson that I wanted to watch this film is because I was fortunate enough to visit India a couple of years ago on a college trip to work with children in the slums.
Without giving the story away too much for anyone who hasn't seen it, the film is about a boy from the slums. The boy becomes a contestant on 'Who wants to be a Millionnaire' and when he does extemely well there is doubt as to how he knew all the answers. It is percieved by the shows presenter and the local police that he has cheated and they are intent on uncovering the truth; through whatever means neccessary.
The interegation uses clips from the TV show as a basis for the interogation and we are shown throughout that the reason why he knew the answers was down to diferent incidents he'd experienced throughout his hard childhood. Through the use of flashbacks we are taken on a journey into the characters life and are shown the hardship that he faced.
The thing that I liked so much about the film is the way that Mumbai was portrayed. It was shown in a very realistic way and for me it brought back the experience of my trip to India. It promted me to have a look back through some of the photographs from my trip and I think that some of them closely remsemble some of the asspects that were shown within the setting of the film.
Here are a few of my photos:



I loved the way that the basis of the TV show acted as a way to the hold together the storyline and with interesting techniques such as flashback and raw emotion it is definately one of the best films I have seen in a long time. Definately a must see!
No comments:
Post a Comment