Saturday, 13 June 2009

Neasden Control Centre

Well as this is my first post it was only right that I start with this group of designers. I can safely say that they are currently my favourite designers and have been for a few years now.

Neasden Control Centre, (NCC) is a design company set up in 2000 by Stephen Smith. Their work ranges from hand drawn work, photographic compositions, through to 3D installation work and Moving Image.

NCC have published a few books now and last year I bought their 'Lost Control' book. Here are a few examples of some of the pages that appeared within it.



The reason why I like their work so much is because of the way that they are able to mix lots of different types of media and approaches. For example they way that they integrate photography with drawing, graphic design and elements of illustration. Some of their work reminds me of sketchbook work and I think that this is what makes deigns seem very organic and personal.

One thing that they also do is create animations from their work. I think the reason why these animations seem to work so well is because they have that 'hand crafted' feel about them.

This is an example of the title sequence that NCC did for the TV show 'Dirty Sanchez'.


http://www.neasdencontrolcentre.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment