Under the work top section I intend on having some form of draw unit. I intend on playing around with just having a couple of draws able to open. However, I intend on modifying the draws, possibly by mounted blocks on the inside of them so that they only open so far.
I would like to have one draw designed so that it contains promotional material, i.e. business cards and any other elements that I feel will help promote myself.
Flip Book:
Fairly early on in the project I thought that it would be a nice idea to create some form of printed document, for example a little book which included information about the characters in my animation. However information that included aspects about where the bugs I made originated form, the habitat information and their habitat requirements etc.
Throughout this brief I have been using a few books for reference, one of which is a book about insects and their habitat etc. Below is a shot as an example of the type of information that this book showed:
One solution for this is to create a flipbook in which I can choose the bugs that I want to animate. Im thinking that I could create an animation to make a flipbook out of, which on the right hand side you see one of my bugs move and then on the left it includes information about my bugs.
Prototype of Piece:
When we were down in London at Nexus Productions they showed us one of the prototypes that they had had made for one of their character designs. I would like to get one made of my glow bug, in which I could use the idea of pin boards and display mine in a similar way to the ones shown above.
Butterfly designs:
Something else that I would like to do for the show is to create a display case which has some of my own butterflies in it. I intend on getting hold of some real insect in cases and display some real one, with my own butterflies modified to look as if they were real.
I am thinking of using the printing process of 'photo screen' and printing my butterflies design onto silk. Here is a mockup to loosely illustrate what I am thinking:
Close up:
My reasoning behind displaying using the ideas that I have talked about above, is because I think that it is a nice way of rounding of my project. My connection with the Museum and the help that I have received form Dmitri has been invaluable and I think that by displaying my work in this way would be a great way of rounding this project off.
I have already discussed with Dmitri that I would like to provide a write up of my project for their website/blog and I think if I could incorporate this somehow within the show would be a nice idea.








No comments:
Post a Comment