Thursday, 12 May 2011
Self Promotion
The last few moths I have been considering different ways in which I could start to promote myself. At the moment I have the usual channels i.e, My Vimeo Channel.
I have been considering the best way to utilise these various methods for example, with my Vimeo I'm using my Vimeo channel, instead of just using my Vimeo account. I have found that by having a channel that it has allowed me to direct people to one place that presents my work. I have found that this is a neat and effective way of sending people a link to my work.
I have also started using Twitter. Although I have had a Twitter account for a while now I have never really made the most of it before. However, over the last few months I have started to use it as a way of following designers and posting links to my work. I have decided to keep my Twitter as a design related medium and use it in a professional way. Instead of using it in a similar way to the way that someone might use Facebook I am trying to keep twitter as a way to keep myself up to date with the industry and also hopefully keeping the industry up to date with my stuff, (if people would like to see!)
However, one of the main things that I have been using in terms of self promotion is 'linkedin'. Heres a link to my linked in profile. I have been using Linkedin since the beginning of this semester and I have found that it has been an extremely useful way of creating connections. For example one time when this has proven effective is since me and Steve have finished our placement at the Neighbourhood I have been able to add contacts form their studio. I also hope to get a review of the placement from the studio, which would be great in terms of having a recommendation that other people could view. We also are waiting on a recommendation for the freelance work that we created.
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattgeeling.
Whats next?
Well I have had a domain name for a while now, however at the moment the design is very basic and is basically the same as my business card, with a link to my email address. My intention for my business cards is to create a design that is related to my show, so that anyone that pick one of my cards up can remember my work.
I will design my website around my ideas for the show and around my final piece and this will be something that i will promote on my business cards etc when I create them.
Based on my previous post I would like to incorporate one aspect of the unit to house my business cards, I think that by having one section that was based on promotion that it is a nice way to tie different elements together. Using the design for the show, to emphasise my self promotion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment