Saturday, 2 April 2011

Flicker tests

Flicker tests with the little lights within the scene:

Firstly I put the lights within the scene. As they have been wired up to a dimmer switch I played with bringing them up from dark to light as if they were glowing.























I decided to have a play with covering them with some green filters:




















The test below shows some of the problems that I have had:
There are quite strong hotspots on the lights.

Outcome: LEDS

This weekend I'm going to get some green LEDS that can be wired up. As they are slim I can drill holes into the shelf and lot them in, it also means that in terms of wiring them up that the wires and battery can sit underneath the shelf and it means that there will be no need for wire removal. This is beneficial as I ma trying to refine my process and reduce the time that it takes for particular aspects without jeopardizing on quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment