Robert Lloyd, LA Times
"Each juxtaposition of voice and creature, even or especially the most unexpected, creates something wonderful. The domestic version, which like it s predecessor is made by Aardman Animations, is every bit as good as the original. While the animation is masterful – beautifully timed and fully attendant to character, even when a character is merely listening – what makes "Creature Comforts" valuable is the unscripted, and unscriptable voice of the people."
I think that Robert Lloyd from the LA Times sums it up nicely when he says "what makes Creature Comforts valuable is the unscripted, and unscriptable voice of the people". This is the main reason why I decided to approach the voiceover for my piece in this way. The unscriptable nature of the recording with Dmitri meant that it lead to a very natural sound. It was nice that the recording was fluid and it was nice just to hear someone that was just passionate about their subject area. This is something which I think I would struggle to achieve if the voiceover was scripted. I understand that a script is important in most scenarios, however this time I found this to be the most effective way for this particular brief.
No comments:
Post a Comment