For this project I have spent a lot of time considering narrative and sounds. Initially in order to develop narrative I used David Attenborough's Madagascar as a way to cut up ideas and build a sequence. After finding a sequence that I was happy with, I started to consider the possibilities that I had open to me in terms of a voiceover.
Although Attenborough's Madagascar was a great inspiration I wanted to feel like the piece was mine. So I decided to use aspects of cut up narrative that I created in terms of inspiration for creating my own voiceover. One thing that Attenborough's voice has is a sense of culture and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just searching for an 'Attenborough' impersonator to read a script.
With this in mind I considered how I could get around this and started to think about what it was about his voice that made it seem so natural and work. I came to the conclusion that it was because he was an expert in his area and what he was saying just seemed natural and seemed to flow. The only logical thing for me to do at this point was to get in touch with Dmitri at the Museum, as he had been such a help already and see if he would let me record him to use as a voiceover. I decided that I wanted the recording to flow so I created a series of questions which stemmed from the sequence that I had created previously based on the edit taken from Madagascar. As I was happy with the way that the sequence ran I wrote a few questions covering the main areas of the narration.
By using these questions as a starting point I wanted Dmitri's responses to form the final voiceover. This worked extremely well and I'm really pleased with the outcome! With just under 30 mins of recordings I've got a heafty edit to come as I want my piece to roughly last 1:30 mins - 2mins, however I feel that I'm in a good position now to start that process.
No comments:
Post a Comment