This is a post that I put up a while ago but I've decided to change the post date as I think that it's really relevant to what were looking at.
Now most people that know me would proably be the first to say that I am a bit of a TV addict and one of my favourite types of programmes are dramas, especially crime ones.
One thing that I really like about Drams/Crime Dramas are that generally they have really cool looking tiltes or promos made for them. I've put a few examples below from a few different TV shows.
Monk Titles:
Hallmark Channel
In this video I like the colours that have been used. Somethimes I think that a limited colour pallete is sometimes more effective and balanced than using lots of different colours. One thing about this promo which works well is the way that simple images/symbols are used within the typography. For example, the use of the lips and the fly. Aswell as using the imagery elements suggested such as, ' the bug zig zagging' are infered in the quik jolts of the camera from side to side.
House:
Hallmark Channel
This is promo for a meidcal drama called House. Something that I think both the videos above do extremely well is use humor in order to attract attention and keep peoples intrest.
I especially like the way that in the two videos shown above typography has been incorporated within the animations. The typography is used as a narrative, along with the audio in order to give the piece context.
CSI New York Opening Titles:
http://www.youtube.com
Iv'e seen these titles many times and found them interesting, even if not just for the use of music! However one thing that I find most exciting about this set of titles ,is the way that video footage has been integrated with the use of animation.
I made the post the other day about liking the way that in composite work you are able to mix lots of different types of media and I think that this is a good example of how when done right it works.
Now most people that know me would proably be the first to say that I am a bit of a TV addict and one of my favourite types of programmes are dramas, especially crime ones.
One thing that I really like about Drams/Crime Dramas are that generally they have really cool looking tiltes or promos made for them. I've put a few examples below from a few different TV shows.
Monk Titles:
Hallmark Channel
In this video I like the colours that have been used. Somethimes I think that a limited colour pallete is sometimes more effective and balanced than using lots of different colours. One thing about this promo which works well is the way that simple images/symbols are used within the typography. For example, the use of the lips and the fly. Aswell as using the imagery elements suggested such as, ' the bug zig zagging' are infered in the quik jolts of the camera from side to side.
House:
Hallmark Channel
This is promo for a meidcal drama called House. Something that I think both the videos above do extremely well is use humor in order to attract attention and keep peoples intrest.
I especially like the way that in the two videos shown above typography has been incorporated within the animations. The typography is used as a narrative, along with the audio in order to give the piece context.
CSI New York Opening Titles:
http://www.youtube.com
Iv'e seen these titles many times and found them interesting, even if not just for the use of music! However one thing that I find most exciting about this set of titles ,is the way that video footage has been integrated with the use of animation.
I made the post the other day about liking the way that in composite work you are able to mix lots of different types of media and I think that this is a good example of how when done right it works.
No comments:
Post a Comment