This morning I went to the Science and Industry Museum. I felt that it was necessary to go and have a look at some real engines and see how the different elements, (the pistons etc), all fit together. After developing my idea and way of working for the last week, I have decided that I need to find a good balance between the actual way that I model the steam engine and how it realistically works.
I need to ensure that the model looks realistic and operates in a the way that should. However, I also need to consider that whilst I want to achieve realism I should make sure that I don't labor too much about trying to achieve a photo realistic approach. What I've got to remember is that my Ident is a 10 sec piece in which it needs to get across what the channels about. So as long as I get the feel right then it should be more about the feeling of the movement and the momentum.
The video below is a short slide show of pictures that I took this morning. These photos show a range of mechanisms and parts:
I also took a video of a wheel and gears turning:
The video below is a short slide show of pictures that I took this morning. These photos show a range of mechanisms and parts:
I also took a video of a wheel and gears turning:
No comments:
Post a Comment