The two ladies that were showing us around started of by showing us original artwork for films, some German and some more mass released.These on their own were fantastic to see, however I think when they pulled out the concept artwork for Metropolis before the film was made, I think that everyone's jaws hit the floor. The images were incredibly beautiful and the amount of detail was just exquisite. A few shots of these can be seen below:
I think if the visit had been just to show us around the first room that we went into, we would have still been impressed however the archive was huge and they went on to show us room after room, each room more impressive. After showing us the first room they took us into the next where there was a room full of film reels and then in the final room I felt like I was in heaven! The final room was full of old cameras and memorabilia, just an incredible visit!
This is another image of one of the pieces that they showed us in the first room:
It was great to see the technical drawings for a scene within a film, because one thing that I have been considering recently is how I could incorporate a variety of elements within my own work. For example mixing a combination of live action, animation and other element, however one thing that I haven't considered is the use of sets and props, definitely something to think about. The visit was so helpful and thanks again to be given such an interesting visit!





No comments:
Post a Comment